Lately, with the readership doubling, mainly new readers from the U.S (USA and Alaska has passed Sweden as number one in visits this past month), I have had quite a few readers asking which articles I have written exactly for ExWeb, since there´s no bylines. I know that this fact will change soon, since ExWeb is forever developing. However, there´s a tab for ExWeb which is updated every time I have published a piece. Just bookmark this tab!
Writing for Explorers Web is a joy and the piece I have put most work, research and work into, is the one just written about the controversial The Long Walk To Freedom. The one about Slavomir Rawicz claiming he has done the famed Long Walk for Freedom. An Amazing journey and escape from one of Stalin´s gulags. Slavomir Rawicz claims that he and six other fellow prisoners escaped a Soviet labor camp in Yakutsk, in the year of 1941, a camp where enduring hunger, cold, untended wounds, untreated illnesses, and avoiding executions were everyday feats. Their march, over thousands of miles by foot, out of Siberia, through China, the Gobi Desert, Tibet, and over the Himalayas to British India is a remarkable statement about man’s desire to be free. It was done. But not by him. But by another Pole named Witold Glinski according to three Young Poles who have just recently returned from Calcutta after they traced the steps of the journey to prove he was the real hero. Read this extra ordinary story here!
Anyway, so far I have written 23 stories. Some good, some bad. So far it has been a real joy and challenge. See below:
1. Helen Lloyd is going to Congo. Published 15/9/2010.
2. Arita Baaijens Search For Paradise! Published 20/9/2010
3.Charlie has made it to Siberia! Published 23/9/2010
4. Sherri Jo Wilkins World Ride! Published 28/9/2010
5. The Trans-Kalahari Run. Published 1/10/2010
6. Successful Kenya Run, 44 days! Published 3/10/2010
7. Sean Burch pushing boundaries in Nepal. Published 7/10/2010
8. Sean Burch crossed Nepal in record time. Published 11/10/2010
9. Interview with Todd Carmichael about his Death Valley Trek. 14/10/2010
10. Peter Gostelow, Africa on a bicycle update. 18/10/2010
11. Exclusive interview with Sean Burch. 21/10/2010
12. The Vogel Family´s bicycle trip from Alaska to Argentina. 29/10/2010
14. New record from London to Cape Town! 01/11/2010
15. Oli Broom on a bicycle from London to Australia! 05/11/2010
16. Dave Cornwaithe´s 25 Expeditions around the world. 09/11/2010
17. Sherri Jo Wilkins; Naked men everywhere! 13/11/2010
19. Interview with Amazon walker, Ed Stafford. 21/11/2010
21. The Long Walk To Freedom.28/11/2010
22. Equestrian World Ride halted due to animal abuse. 2/12/2010