I am sitting in a tower house in the Old Sanaa writing this report. So I have made it in to Yemen again, ready to get things rolling.
A major part of every Expedition which is often overlooked, is the preparations. Which includes finding sponsors, figuring out a route, dealing with the daily life of normality, by which I mean, a family life which includes cooking, picking up your child at nursery school, trying to be a good husband, lover and father and get all details right as regards to what is waiting on the Expedition to be. It isn´t easy, but it makes a difference. During this last month before I finally got on a plane to San’a to initiate Expedition Yemen By Camel part 2, I have written down my actions, worries and thoughts every 3 days.
What a roller coaster journey it has been!
From the last blog to the 1st as below:
- Equipment list and final thoughts (6/5/2012)
- Masha´Allah! (3/5/2012)
- No Yemen Visa Yet (1/5/2012)
- The Yemeni Visa… (28/4/2012)
- Don´t listen to those negative bastards! (2nd most read!) (25/4/2012)
- The Big Waiting Game (24/4/2012)
- Yemen visa? Not yet! (22/4/2012)
- Near catastrophy and an angel turns up (19/4/2012)
- Worries and angst (15/4/2012)
- Documentary Film Making in Yemen (Most readers!) (13/4/2012)
- New unrest in Yemen racks the nerves (10/4/2012)
- Regarding sponsorship (8/4/2012)
- One month to go and a possible partner (3/4/2012)
- Very inspired after meeting camel expert (30/3/2012)
- Testing possible Expedition food and finding out that Sardana is coming! (28/3/2012)
- Expedition Yemen By Camel have been awarded Flag 179 (26/3/2012)
- Flag honor bestowed upon Expedition Yemen (25/3/2012)
- Yemen; Editing the Documentary and a Mid Day thought (21/3/2012)
- Expedition Yemen By Camel; Preparing to return (14/3/2012)